Camping in the great outdoors can be a lot of fun, but you need to be prepared. It can be even more fun with multiple families or people. But if you’re all going to be sleeping in the same tent, you’ll need to ensure that you have a tent that’s large enough for everyone and comfortable. The good news is that there are plenty of choices on the market today for large multi-person tents, but what is the best 12 person tent?
Top 10 Best 12 Person Tents
- SPACIOUS TENT: Large yet practical with a generous 7-foot center, the Tahoe Gear Ozark is perfect for group or family camping trips with up to 16 people
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Easy to assemble shock-corded poles and pin-and-ring system allow for quick setup
- WATERPROOF: Features water-resistant 1200mm polyester fly with taped fly seams and polyethylene floor
- 16' x 16' instant cabin tent
- Sleeps 12
- Fits 3 queen airbeds
- Free standing with compact fiberglass poles; easy assembly with pole hooks.
- Fully taped factory-sealed seams and weather resistant fabric keeps you protected during inclement weather.
- Base size: 20' x 10', center height: 84"; fits two queen size air mattresses or 12 people in sleeping bags
- INSTANT 60 SECOND SETUP TECHNOLOGY: Poles come pre-attached to the tent for quick assembly - unfold and extend leg poles until they click into position.
- HEAT SHIELD TECHNOLOGY: Features a special reflective coating on the underside of the rainfly which blocks the sun's UV rays keeping the tent darker and noticeably cooler.
- AMPLE SPACE: With a 15ft x 9ft floor plan and 78in center height, fits two queen size air mattress with gear or nine campers in sleeping bags.
- New for 2020, the Eureka! Copper Canyon LX 12 twelve-person, three-season camping tent is your home away from home. Easy setup, smart features, and full standing height make it Eureka’s most livable...
- Durable, steel and fiberglass frame features pole sleeves corner hubs, and quick clips for simple 2 person set up.
- Steep walls create lots of standing room and are ideal when camping with air mattress and cots.
- Our Browning Big Horn Series is a free-standing tent with fiberglass poles and steel uprights, giving ultimate extra strength and stability
- Two-room wall divider, extra tall center and straight side walls gives more room for cots, sleeping bags and extra gear
- Six large windows, two doorways and mesh roof offer easy entry and ultimate ventilation
- DARK ROOM TECHNOLOGY: Blocks 90% of sunlight (vs. a comparable Coleman tent) so you can sleep in past sunrise
- REDUCES HEAT: For a more comfortable rest anytime of day
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- 【Roomy for 8 People or 9-Person Family】 HIKERGARDEN tent is the perfect family tent you’ve ever seen. With the dimension of 14 x 9 x 6(H) ft. 3 queen air mattresses or 8 sleeping bags are well...
- 【Durable & High-Quality Material】 Made with 185T polyester. With the 1000mm polyurethane hydrostatic rated coating high-tech, the tent guarantees PU1000mm water-resistant. The tent stays...
- 【Easy Set-Up】 No particular skills needed, 2 people could set up the tent easily in 5 min. The camping tent comes with a smooth 2-way zipper and well-made poles. The carry bag is 24.6 x 8.26 x...
- Sets up in under 2 minutes Sleeps 12 No assembly required: Poles pre-attached to tent Fits 3 queen-sized airbeds
- Measures: 20' x 18' Construction: polyester and steel Center height: 76"
- 3-room tent 2 room dividers included Fully taped factory-sealed seams provide dry zone camping with leak protection 10 fully closable windows
Who Needs A 12 Person Tent?
Anyone looking for extra space on their next camping trip could use a 12 person tent. The most common use for big tents is for larger groups and families. They provide lots of space for extra comfort:
Family camping: With multiple kids and outdoor gear, you’ll want plenty of extra room. Not to mention, if you plan on cooking and storing food for a lot of people. This is perfect for taking along additional coolers, and clothing bags for the whole family. You could even fit multiple families inside one tent!
Additional rooms: Many tents also come with room dividers for added privacy. Some even come equipped with space for fitting queen size blow up mattresses. It’s always nice to be able to give the kids and adults their own space. That keeps everyone happy, especially at nighttime.
Tall people: Anyone over the height of 6 feet will benefit from using a 12 person cabin tent. Many of these tents feature a roof level of 7 feet. Therefore, giving the ability for most people to stand straight up without having to kneel down. Cabin style also means that the walls follow the form of a traditional log cabin. They go up and down, without as much rounding like other smaller tents.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
It is important to understand that a 12-person tent is not always suitable for 12 persons as it might not fit everyone comfortably. It is preferably for 10 persons or less and there are various such factors you have to consider before you can shortlist the tent to buy for camping.
- Size – If you have a group of 12 persons exactly, the 12-person tent may not be suitable for you. It could be uncomfortable and that is when you have to check the size or the dimensions of the tent to make sure that there is enough space. By calculating the area needed by one person to the area provided by the tent, you can make sure that every person will fit in perfectly.
- Weatherproof – You would expect a camping tent to be weatherproof as you are going to lay it out in the open to protect yourself from outside weather. But tents are classified based on seasons like some are suitable for summers and springs while some are great for winters and even snowfall and rainy seasons. If you camp throughout the four seasons, you can buy 4-season tents which are thicker and highly durable.
- Compartment – There is a false notion that a 12-person tent is not 12 people. In fact, it is meant for less than 12 persons and the reason is that there are different rooms or compartments that takes up some space making it unfit for 12 persons to sit and sleep. The availability of room is highly important as one room as be used for changing clothes, one can be used for storing food and eating while others are for sleeping and relaxing.
- Miscellaneous – You have to consider the height of the tent because too low a tent can be irritating to get into and get out effortlessly. Similarly, the availability of multiple doors is welcoming as different rooms can be used for different purposes seamlessly. Similarly, you have to check how many poles are available for stability against strong wind. The weight of the tent is a major concern and it must be lightweight so that it is portable easily. It must also be easy to set up.
Apart from these, you can consider the brand reputation as a branded tent is likely to be more trustable as far as its durability goes. All the above-mentioned top 10 best 12-person tents are of the best brand and made up of high-quality material that will last a lifetime.
There are various color variants and designs available in the above-listed top 10 12-person tents in 2020. Apart from choosing the color and the design, you have to keep the above-mentioned parameters in mind so that you can buy the best tent for fulfilling all your purposes completely.