Ceramic heaters are the inexpensive yet energy efficient space heaters that you should consider for your home. With hard-wearing and durable ceramic heating elements, these heaters produce comfortable and warming heat for your room as well as being safe to use.
There is a lot to consider when purchasing the best ceramic heater. The total area that it will cover is important, as are the wattage available and options for settings. The dimensions will determine just where you can place your ceramic heater, and if you need it to be portable, then it’s important to know the weight.
If you don’t yet know enough about ceramic heaters to make an informed decision about which one will be best for your needs, you should read this useful buying guide to find out plenty of helpful information. You should also check out these great ceramic heater reviews.
There are quite a few different heaters to choose from – each with their own advantages and disadvantages. To find the right heater, explore the top 10 best ceramic heaters in 2020.
Best Ceramic Heater Comparisons
Last update on 2022-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Best Ceramic Heaters Reviewed
GiveBest Portable Ceramic Heater
Main Features: This heater comes with a variety of features which makes it different from others. The Easy Control Heater indicates it power to heat the room or surroundings according to your need. Portable makes it easier for you change its position from room to room. GiveBest has 3 modes – 1500W/ 750 W and cool blow fan. While talking about the safety, it has overheat protection.
Lasko 755320 Ceramic Space Heater
Main Features: This piece of technology has 3 quiet settings feature making it a bit unique from other companies as well. You can change the heat according to your need as it comes with a remote control. The adjustable thermostat and built-in timer is a great addition to this heater. It is good to go!
Lasko 5775 Ceramic Tower Heater
Main Features: Lasko 5775 gives out 1500 watt maximum output. It also has the electronic thermostat and auto-off timer. As you can see in the image, this heater is 22.75″ tall. ETL safety in ensured.
Honeywell Digital Ceramic Heater
Main Features of this ceramic heater are Energy efficiency, Easy to use, honeywell trust, and smart savings.
ENERGY EFFICIENT HEAT: Designed with dual motors and oscillation, this heater provides powerful 1500W whole room heat. The Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, so it is more energy efficient and a better option for saving energy
EASY TO USE: Delivering enhanced safety features & easily controlled comfort, this heater features a programmable thermostat as well as 2 heat settings, auto off timer option, tip over and overheat protection, a permanent dust filter & oscillating heat
INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using portable heaters in your home can help increase comfort & supplement home heating needs. There is a range of Honeywell heaters covering personal, ceramic, fan forced, radiant and infrared to meet all your heating needs
SMART SAVINGS: Portable heaters are a smart and easy way to add warmth to any space. By turning down your whole house thermostat a few degrees and heating just the room you are in, a Honeywell heater can help you save money while providing soothing warmth
HONEYWELL QUALITY: Help improve heating & energy savings in your home, bedroom or office using a Honeywell portable heater. Compare to whole room heaters, tower heaters & oscillating heaters Vornado, DeLonghi, Comfort Zone and Soleil
Brightown Portable Space Heater
Features Of Brightown Ceramic Heater : Easy Control Heater, Energy Efficient Heater, Portability, Durability.
Adjust the knob on the right to turn the unit on. “I” is for producing heat at 750 watts, “II” will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and ”Fan” will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. The adjustable temperature range is 0℉-158℉. It will get the heater to cycle on and off according to if the room’s temperature reaching heater’s setting temperature.
AmazonBasics 1500W Oscillating Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Features Of AmazonBasics Ceramic Heater – Premium Ceramic heater, 1500 watt high ssetting, safe and portable.
- Ceramic space heater with adjustable thermostat for cozy warmth; oscillating option for better heat dispersal in multiple directions
- 1500-watt high setting; 3 output options: Low, High, or Fan Only; power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- For safety: tip-over switch with auto shut-off and overheat protection with auto shut-off; ETL listed
- Carrying handle for easy transport; not for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, or other high-humidity rooms
- Choice of Black or Silver color; backed by an AmazonBasics limited 1-year warranty.
Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Space Heater-Features Oscillation
Features of Lasko designer Ceramic Portable heater – portability, design, high quality ceramic, adjustable thermostat and built in thermostat.
- Blends into Your Decor – with a stylish body and finish this space heater looks more like a piece of art than a space heater. Combined with a powerful ceramic heating element and 3 quiet settings this heater is ideal for around the home
- Adjustable Thermostat – allows you to adjust the heater’s 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With easy to read LED temperature settings you can select temperatures from 60F to 85F or select max heat for maximum warmth
- Built-in Timer – can be programmed from 1 hour to 7 hours. Simply press the timer button on the digital control panel to easily program the timer in 1 hour intervals. Once the timer is set the heater will automatically shut off after the programmed time
- Built-in Safety Features – overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a cool touch exterior keeps the heater cool to the touch even after running for hours
- Fully Assembled – allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working in minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater
Best Ceramic Heater Buying Guide
When searching for the best ceramic heater, it quickly becomes clear that there are numerous models to choose from. In fact, the list of ceramic heaters is so extensive that it may be daunting at first. So, here are some features to take into consideration when searching for the perfect model.
Read about Ecoheat S as well.
Type Of Ceramic Heater
It is important to note that there are several different types of ceramic heaters to choose from. The main types are ceramic tower heaters, compact ceramic heaters, and ceramic wall heaters. Each of these models has its Pros and Cons; so let’s take a closer look.
- Ceramic Tower Heaters
- Compact Ceramic Heaters
- Ceramic Wall Heaters
Ceramic Tower Heaters
This model is especially tall and narrow, which means that it takes up little floor space. This type of ceramic heater is ideal for confined spaces and compact rooms. They also usually have built-in oscillation, which helps to distribute heat more evenly.
Compact Ceramic Heaters
People who have a small home and want a heater that they can move from room to room should choose a compact ceramic heater. This model is designed to be especially lightweight and portable. While it will not heat the entire room, it will direct a stream of hot air to a specific area.
Ceramic Wall Heaters
People who are searching for a permanent heating solution may find that a ceramic wall heater fits the bill. This is a good fit for bathrooms or other damp areas where the heater should not touch the floor. This type of heater can provide heat for the entire room safely and very quickly.
What to Look for When Buying Tower Heaters
Take a look at the buying guide for tower heaters to make a wise buying decision:
- Power: The power of the majority of the tower heaters available on the market range is usually 2000 W and higher. Generally, 2000 W of power is sufficient enough for heating a medium-sized room. It is possible that you may need to heat up your large space. For those needs, you can go to a tower heater with higher wattage. It is essential to keep in mind that with the increased wattage, the electricity cost will keep on increasing.
- Safety Features: The next crucial aspect to focus on is the safety features. In the absence of appropriate safety, it is not recommended to use the tower heater. To get a brief idea of the safety features, for example, you may switch on your tower heater and enable it to run overnight. During such cases, you would require a unit that is equipped with an automatic shut-off feature. This safety feature makes sure the issues of overheating are controlled. A tower heater unit equipped with an electronic thermostat would definitely work effectively in such cases.
- Heat Settings: Heat settings relate to the total number of pre-programmed wattage settings that a user can choose according to his/her preference. Unarguably, the more the heat settings, the more control you will have on the amount of heating in your room. Some tower heater units utilize infrared heating technology whereas others make use of the forced convection currents. It is essential to check on the heating modes in order to attain the finest results before purchasing a tower heater. A decent tower heater unit is the one that comes equipped with Heater variable heat settings. These settings enable you to personalize the heat in the room based on your needs. There are some tower heater models in the market that come with 2 or even more heat settings.
- Efficiency: Your chosen tower heater unit should be efficient and convey sufficient heat without the requirement of other heating elements. While making a purchase, you can either select tower heaters with zoned or supplemental heating according to your needs.
- Dimensions and Design: In the recent market, you will find tower heaters in a wide range of sizes and shapes. It is essential to make sure you first measure the heating capacity of your tower heater and later on compare it with the size of your room. For those users who have a bigger room, they must consider a larger heating capacity. Furthermore, a lightweight, compact and portable tower heater unit is the finest choice allowing you to make movements easily, from one room to another.
- Digital Controls: The ease of operation and user convenience is directly indicated by the presence of digital controls in the tower heater. In order to effortlessly control the heat output, make sure you choose an electronic control panel. The wise buying decision involves the inclusion of electronic controls in your tower heater. Generally, single-touch digital controls are the best choices among customers.
- Quiet Operation: The cheap quality tower heaters generate a great amount of noise during the process of heat production. Make sure you wisely choose the tower heater unit considering the silent operation. It is useless to purchase a tower heater that generates a lot of noise and disturb everyone in the surrounding. To obtain the best results, you can consider buying a tower heater equipped with a cooling system. This system makes sure the heat generation is quiet.
- Portability: You may have carefully chosen your tower heater considering efficient heat generation but what if it is very bulky? The need arises to frequently move your tower heater unit from one place to another. So, portability is an important aspect to keep in mind before making a purchase. You can choose a lightweight tower heater equipped with a carrying handle. Such appliances do not need any installation. You simply need to insert the plug in the socket. Furthermore, you can consider the tower heater that is simple to use.
- Price: When the matter comes to price, it is advisable to never purchase a tower heater only considering the price. You may be enticed to purchase a cheaply priced tower heater but the particular unit will not deliver efficient heating output. So, in such cases, your investment will be futile. Instead of only overweighing the price, you need to pay attention to the design, heat generation efficiency, safety features, range of heating, manufacturer’s warranty, and customer reviews. Make sure you make a careful purchase and do not pay a hefty price on a poor quality tower heater. Your chosen tower heater should be cost-effective and feature-rich.
Ceramic Heater Safety Tips
- Place Away From Objects – Always be careful to place the space heater at least three feet away from other objects, especially flammable ones.
- Keep Away From Children – Even though ceramic space heaters are safer than other heater models, you should still keep the children away from the heater. Most heaters don’t get too hot to the touch, even when they’re working, but there is still a chance the child could get hurt. If your children are old enough, explain to them why it’s better to keep away from the heater.
- Don’t Make Modifications – Don’t try to make any modifications to the heater, even if they seem small. This can lead to serious injury. If you want to modify something about your space heater, take it to a professional.
- Don’t Use The Heater In Humid Conditions – Always check with the instructions manual to see if the heater can be used in a humid environment. If the instructions don’t clearly specify it is, don’t use it, look for another model. This can lead to serious injury or damage to your property.
- Always Use A Wall Outlet – Never plug the space heater in an extension cord, unless the instructions manual states it’s safe to do so. This can damage your electrical circuit, and even lead to a fire.
- Keep The Cord Clear – Do not place the heater’s power cord under rugs or furniture. This can damage the cord potentially leading to a fire hazard.
- Place Away From High Traffic Areas – Always place the ceramic heater away from highly circulated areas. The power cord can be a tripping hazard, and people can tip the heater over, leading to a fire hazard.
- Do Not Place On Furniture – Do not place the space heater on tables or desks unless the instructions manual clearly state it’s safe to do so. This can lead to serious damage to your property.
How Do Ceramic Heaters Work?
It is technically right that ceramic heaters are basically space heaters. But they have their own unique way of working and we will explain it with simple words below.
The heating element used in ceramic heaters is PTC ceramic. The abbreviation stands for Positive Temperature Coefficient. They do have similar characteristics to metal fan heaters but are definitely not one and the same thing.
The PTC ceramic material is only semi-conductive. As voltage passes through it, the power decreases. That’s because ceramic increases its own resistance to large enough levels. This happens automatically and depends on the certain components of the ceramic element in the heater. In short, the temperature is self-regulating, thus bearing way fewer dangers of overheating.
Aluminum fins also take part in this process. The ceramic heating element interacts with them and therefore heat the fins up. A fan blows across the fins and heats the air around the unit. Now that we know the core basics of ceramic heaters, we can compare them to three other similar heating devices.
Conclusion – Wrapping It Up!
Heat is extremely important to get that body heated up and get your dissemination moving with the goal that you can beat the laziness and accomplish something beneficial.
We believe that our guide above has proved to be helpful in your endeavors to find the best ceramic heater. Go through it one more time in case you want to check again some of the key comparisons that we did. Don’t forget to also keep in mind the most popular features of such devices.