A glue gun is a must-have for all the DIYers and most homeowners. A lot of people today love to do crafting and repairing works themselves. For every such need, a hot glue gun is indeed an essential requirement. It will help you make DIY crafts, build furniture, fix a ripped cushion, and repair several things quite easily.
With a glue gun, you can fix an object strongly. It works better than any other glue in fixing certain objects. That is why we would like to come up with a list of the best glue guns. The list will surely help you identify the best blue gun for your budget as well as requirements.
List of Best Hot Glue Gun
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
We at Top10Gadgets.Shop invest a lot of time in researching about the products.
Top Rated Melt Adhesive Gun – Reviewed
- Glue gun features: Dual temp, precision nozzle, easy squeeze trigger, enhanced safety features, built-in stand, wide base
- Gorilla hot glue sticks: Weather resistant for indoor and outdoor use, safe for both high & low temperature glue guns, 45 second working time, impact tough
- Gorilla Mini Dual Temp Glue Gun uses mini sized glue sticks (.27" Diameter)
- HELP WITH SCHOOL PROJECTS - Opt for this mini gun to help your kids with school projects
- GET MOVING QUICKLY - Plug in and expect glue to be ready for use in just a couple minutes
- PROTECT FINGERS FROM HEAT - Multi-purpose this gun’s built-in stand near the nozzle and keep your fingers far from glue as it dispenses
- 3-5 MINUTES FAST HEAT UP: Upgraded ccbetter mini hot glue gun heats up in 3-5 minutes. Its smart temperature control design enables it to remain constant temperature. It bonds immediately and cools to...
- ANTI-HOT COVER & SAFE POWER SWITCH: Secure power switch with LED light mode makes the glue gun extremely user-friendly. Removable ABS anti-hot cover can well protect your hands from the heat. Flexible...
- TRIGGER PROPULSION DEVICE＆SUPERIOR NOZZLE: Its trigger propulsion can have a well control of the glue flow, helping you save a lot of glue sticks. With superior and insulated nozzle, the glue gun...
- HIGH TEMPERATURE HOT GLUE GUN: Combo pack comes with AdTech High Temperature Mini Glue Gun for fast bonds to virtually all materials including paper, metal, plastic, wood, fabric, ceramic, and more....
- MULTI-TEMP HOT GLUE STICKS: AdTech Hot Glue Sticks work in high, low, dual and multi temperature hot glue guns. Use high temperature glue guns to bond porous and heavier materials like glass and...
- PERFECT FOR CRAFTING: AdTech Crystal Clear Glue Sticks are perfect to use at home, office, or school. Ideal for scrapbooking, crafting, DIY, and school projects. No harsh chemicals and acid-free.
- [HEAT UP FAST AND CONSTANT TEMPERATURE] This hot glue gun set heats up in 1.5-3 minutes and keep constant temperature making it a perfect tool for school DIY, small arts & craft making. It can be used...
- [SAFE AND EASY TO STANDBY] With the heat preservation sleeve at the glue gun’s nozzle, it can offers better scald prevention. And On/ Off switch makes it more convenient to use as there is no need...
- [TRIGGER PROPULSION]With the trigger propulsion device, it will easy to pull the glue sticks into the glue gun. The flexible support to keep the glue gun stable and upright for standby.
- MULTI-TEMP HOT GLUE GUN: The AdTech Dual Temp Hot Glue Gun has a switch that allows you to easily change between high and low temperature glue applications with one gun. Low temperature bonds delicate...
- STRONG BONDING: AdTech Dual-Temp, Full size glue gun allows for strong, fast bonds to virtually all materials including paper, metal, plastic, wood, fabric, ceramic, florals, glass, foam, lace,...
- PERFECT FOR CRAFTING & DIY: AdTech 2 Temp Full Size Hot Glue Gun is perfect to use at home, office, and school. Ideal for scrapbooking, crafting, DIY, and school projects.
- ✅Show Your DIY Talent: Cobiz believe "everyone is the DIY talent in life". This heavty duty craft hot glue gun allows to show your DIY talent easily. Let your creativity flow, have your glue gun...
- ✅Rapid Heating + Unique Dual Power 60/100W: Featured with german ceramic PTC thermal heating system to ensure 1-3 minutes quick preheating; Unique watt adjustment design make it not only work well...
- ✅Full Size (not mini) +Build Quality: Ergonomic design and suitable size make it comfortable to handle and use . Made with high quality plastic engineered to sustain high pressure and temperature...
- DUAL TEMPERATURE: Offers high and low temperature settings depending on your project needs.
- PRECISION NOZZLE: For accurate dispensing and use.
- COMFORT GRIP: Lightweight and designed to fit comfortably in hand.
- 【FAST HEATING】-150 watts high power and advanced heating system make it only take 1 - 3 minutes to heat up and fully ready to work.
- 【TEMPERATURE ADJUSTABLE】-Build in a temperature dial, you can change the heating temperature from 284 ~ 428℉ (140℃ ~ 220℃) to apply to different usage scenarios.
- 【DRIP-FREE COPPER NOZZLES】-Send with 6 interchangeable nozzles which are made of pure copper material, they have really good performance of anti-dripping and glue smoothness.
- FAST HEATUP TIME & SUPERIOR ENDURANCE: Infused with a PTC ceramic heating system, Gluerious mini hot glue gun heats up and releases glue within 3-5 minutes. Its robust design is built to withstand...
- ANTI-DRIP NOZZLE WITH BURN PROTECTION: Our mini glue gun for crafts features a custom designed precision nozzle with rubber protector to prevent scalds and leakage of glue. This ensures your maximum...
- ACCESSIBLE CORD & USER-FRIENDLY KICK STAND: Gluerious hot melt glue gun is equipped with a retractable metal stand that makes it super easy and flexible to use for standby, upright or any other...
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is a hot glue gun?
Glue Guns is a tool which provides hot glue and helps you in pasting things. The advantage of the glue gun is that the hot glue helps in quickly pasting two things as hot glue is very efficient in this. Glue Guns are used for several commercial purposes but at the same time, you will find the use of glue gun at home as well. They can really prove to be handy for science projects, making decorations and other such things.
Glue Gun Buying Guide
Below we analyse a series of questions to consider when buying a glue gun. If you are aware of the important factors, it will be easier for you to buy a gun that really fits your needs. You probably do not want to regret your purchase only a few weeks after the fact. In order to buy the best glue gun in the market, follow the following criteria.
A hot glue gun can have different characteristics and capabilities depending on its type. Also, in this case you will have to choose a model with the capacity and quality that are closest to your needs.
One of the first doubts that could arise during the purchase of a hot glue gun concerns the type to choose: gluing pen or gun? On the market there are many models available as needed. For those who want to create small creative and personalized crafts, a gluing pen could be the ideal solution: the format resembles exactly that of writing pens, and being small and handy it will allow you to work with great precision.
If instead the use is intended for more structured works, it will be necessary to purchase a model in gun format, which in turn may be more or less professional depending on its technical specifications. In this buying guide we have focused on evaluating amateur and semi-professional products.
Depending on whether it is a gluing pen or a hot glue gun, the weight of each model can vary from 100 g up to about 600 g. Usually the amateur ones, intended for DIY projects, weigh very little compared to the more professional ones because they are smaller in size.
Excessive weight would make the gun heavy and therefore more difficult to use. For this reason, it is important to consider the weight of the product and relate it to the use – more or less prolonged – that you intend to do with it.
Corded or Cordless
Always taking into account your needs, you will have the opportunity to choose a model with or without wires. Almost all hot glue guns are electric and work with a power cord. In the case of simpler models, such as the pen, the operation is with battery, in which usually the rechargeable batteries and the charger are included as an accessory in the purchase.
Finally, we have the wireless hot glue guns that are recharged by placing them on a special base; these models are very useful in case it is impossible to use the electric current. A cordless product will guarantee greater freedom of movement, while a corded product will guarantee greater power.
Wattage could be an important factor in choosing a hot glue gun. Usually it varies from 20 W to 100 W depending on the model in question. The higher the wattage, i.e. the power, the faster the glue will heat up inside the gun. That said, it should also be considered that smaller glue sticks will heat up faster than longer ones, so this factor also plays a role in warming times.
Usually a hot glue gun reaches its maximum temperature in a few minutes. The heating time varies from 60 seconds to 3-5 minutes, always considering the power of the chosen model. After the warm-up time, the hot glue gun will be ready for use.
Another feature that must be considered before choosing your glue gun is the temperature. Most hot glue guns have only one temperature, especially those intended for less elaborate jobs. The more professional models, on the other hand, have a double temperature: low for craftwork with fabrics and other flexible materials and high up to 200-degree Celsius in the case of work with building materials such as wood.
In any case, once the temperature is reached, it remains stable and constant for the entire time the gun is turned on.
When choosing a hot glue gun, it is very important to establish which components are critical for you, that is, they will guide you towards the final choice of the product. Not all glue guns have the same elements, but change according to the model: from the more amateur one, such as the gluing pen used for decoupage, to the more professional one, such as the hot glue gun for more structured jobs. Let’s see together what are the main components.
The nozzle, also called the spout, is the end from which the glue comes out and is present in all hot glue guns. It can be fixed or removable depending on the model chosen.
Usually, in the most professional models, to avoid burns, the nozzle has a special silicone coating. The nozzle diameter can vary from 1.8 mm to 3 mm depending on the model in question. A smaller nozzle will be ideal for precision work such as decoupage or even small repairs, while a larger diameter nozzle will be more suitable for repair work.
The bracket is a foldable metal stand that can be used for several reasons. Its main function is to facilitate and help the user during the use of the hot glue gun, especially in the glue leakage phase to keep it in perfect position.
In addition, the bracket is used during the heating phase, in which the gluing gun must remain stationary and in balance. It should be noted that not all models have a bracket, due to the size or structure of the instrument, such as in the case of the gluing pen.
Glue stick type
One of the most important elements of the glue gun is the type of glue used. For the success of a job, in fact, it is essential to use the most suitable glue. Also, the glue should be of medium-high quality; otherwise, a low-quality glue could affect the work done.
In addition, on the market, you will find many glue sticks in different variants: transparent, colored, with or without glitter, depending on the use for which they are intended. Glue sticks are often already included in the purchase of the gun. To better understand which glue to use, here are some types.
PUR glue, based on polyurethane, is a very robust and water-resistant glue that has a smooth surface with few porosities. To achieve melting it needs a temperature of about 100 degree Celsius and once melted it can be used for important jobs such as laying floors or baseboards.
EVA glue, based on ethyl vinyl acetate, is mainly used in hot glue guns that can work with materials such as wood, plastic and fabrics. Compared to PUR glue, EVA glue melts at higher temperatures, i.e. above 150 degree Celsius; moreover, it solidifies in a few minutes, about 2, and can be dissolved with solvent substances.
For those who prefer to use non-toxic and eco-friendly products, transparent ecological glue sticks are available. Like EVA glue, this type of glue will also need rather high temperatures to melt, above about 170 degree Celsius. It can be easily used for surfaces such as wood, glass, ceramics or on fabrics.
It is very important to know that not all glue sticks have the same diameter, which can vary from 7 mm to 11 mm; as for the length, cylinders ranging from 5 cm (mini sticks for the pen) to 20 cm are available. It is essential to choose the stick with the right size and suitable for the hot glue gun chosen. In this way you will avoid buying glue with smaller or larger dimensions than the diameter of the special entrance on the back of the gun.
Currently there are many brands that present one or more hot glue gun models on the market. If its use is intended for small crafts and do-it-yourself jobs, it is not necessary to rely on particularly well-known brands (such as Bosch, which offers semi-professional and professional models), and instead focus on amateur models.