Looking for the best laptop under $500? You will not be disappointed here, we give you the best list of laptops under $500.
Electronic devices have become a part of our daily life since it connects us to the virtual world. A laptop is no exception to this; in fact, it is handier and preferred over desktop. The market is full of laptops manufactured by many big companies.
It gives us a wide variety of choices to purchase the right model that suits your requirements. If you are unable to narrow down your choice, just consider the following points, they will help you to make the right choice to buy a laptop under $500 only. Why spend 1000 dollars if the best laptops are available at $ 500.
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 【Detailed Configuration】Substantial high-bandwidth 8GB RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once. A...
- 【AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Mobile Processor】2 cores, 4 threads, up to 3.5GHz. Uplift your performance and multitask seamlessly with accelerated power and efficiency, while enjoying stunning HD visuals.
- 【17.3" FHD IPS Display】The 1920×1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Supports 720p content. The new 4-way NanoEdge display provides an amazing 85% screen-to-body ratio for visual...
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 8 GB DDR 4 high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 256 GB Solid State Drive to allow faster...
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron N4020 1.1GHz Dual-Core Processor (4MB Cache, Up to 2.8GHz)
- 【Display】15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Narrow Border Display
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost...
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- 【Dell Inspiron Laptop】8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 1TB Hard Disk Drive for ample storage space.
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron Processor N4020 (2 cores, 2 Threads, 4MB Cache, up to 2.8 GHz)
- 【Display 】15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display, Intel UHD Graphics with Shared Graphics Memory
- Intel Core i3-1005G1 (1.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)
- Intel UHD Graphics
- 15.6" diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView, 220 nits, 45% NTSC
- Stay connected to what matters most with long-lasting battery life and a thin and portable, micro-edge bezel design. Built to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14" diagonal...
- See more of your screen on the 6.5 mm micro-edge bezel display. A thin and light design makes it easy to take this PC anywhere.
- Tackle your busiest days with the performance of an AMD Athlon processor. Save more of what you love with abundant storage for all your photos, videos and documents.
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- REMOTE WORK READY - Work efficiently from the comfort of your own home office using the HP 14" Chromebook.
- CLEAR IMAGING - Images appear crisp with the 14" HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, anti-glare (1) display.
- LIGHTNING FAST PROCESSING - Games, music, and binge watching are taken to new heights with Intel Celeron N4000 (2) processing power and Intel UHD Graphics 600 (3).
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by 10th generation InteI Core processors. The Lenovo Flex 5 offers...
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write, click or...
- The 13-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize distractions. Two user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the...
Last update on 2021-07-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Various laptops have been designed uniquely to provide the customers with the models that suit their demands. There are differences in their software, hardware, and price. A laptop that is very useful to someone might be entirely unsuitable for you. The feature required by a professional might be completely different than that of a student. Let us evaluate the requirements so that you can purchase the laptop without paying a considerable amount of cash.
Buying Guide for Buying the Best Laptop under $500
While purchasing a laptop under $ 500, you need to keep in mind that they do not support high-end features required for video editing, gaming, watching movies higher than 1080 pixel resolution. A laptop under $500 is ideal for budget users. It can fulfill daily laptop requirements of laptop tasks and has good battery life.
Since the education field has become technology-savvy students also require a laptop for their assignments and research work. A laptop under $500 would be ideal for students. If you calculate the features, you might have to narrow down your choices since laptop under$500 might have a fewer number of features compared to high-end laptops, but still, they provide a good performance of essential elements.
Chrome OS or Windows 10
The most widely used operating system of laptops is Windows 10, Chrome OS, and Mac OS. Although Mac OS offers lots of premium features even its cheapest device, MacBook Air 2021, is expensive.
Let’s see the features offered by Windows 10 or Chrome OS machine.
The fastest browser chrome is the main highlight of Chrome OS.
It is easier to handle and is a lightweight operating system. Chrome OS is continuously improving and runs on the most basic hardware. Most of the web-based apps and even android apps run smoothly on chrome.
Windows 10, on the other hand, operates smoothly and requires an extensive array of hardware which are more powerful and supports more software. It provides an edge to Windows10 over ChromeOS. Windows 10 can run apps that are not compatible with Chrome OS. It is simpler to use. All appreciate the rich graphic feature of Windows 10. Windows 10 is always coming up with new impressive features. It means you get to operate the best software offered by Microsoft, and all you require is to update your software and not change the laptop.
Clamshell verses convertibles
Let us track the difference between traditional clamshell and the dynamic 2 in 1 convertible. These are the two variants of laptops that are also available under $500 in the market. The clamshell is used in traditional laptop mode. The screen forms the upper part, and the lower part is used as a keyboard. The screen can be opened only to 180 degrees. It is mostly non- touch screen and provides laptop experience with a keyboard.
Convertibles are also known as 2 in 1 and can be used as a laptop, tablet. This premium feature is possible with convertibles only as the upper portion of convertibles can be easily turned, twisted, or can be detached. It is highly flexible to use. Devices like Surface belong to this category.
The shelf price of the clamshell is comparatively less than that of convertibles. Convertibles are a little pricey because they are more versatile and have several impressive features that are not available in clamshell.
Plenty of laptops are available under $ 500 that have high screen resolution since you will be spending many hours in front of the screen, and it must not cause strain to your eyes. Do not make a mistake of purchasing a laptop that has less than 1080 pixel resolution. When you have the privilege, then take advantage of having a comfortable and painless screen view. 1366 x 768-pixel resolution does not provide a sharp and clear display that is required while watching video or Netflix, playing games, or working on word documents for hours. So it is always better to opt for a laptop that offers a better screen option.
When buying a laptop, make a list of the specific features that you require. Go through models of various companies and compare their prices and features. Your purchasing power depends on the budget, and a little research work is done before buying might be a bit tedious, but it will help you save your money.