Looking for the best laptop under $500? You will not be disappointed here, we give you the best list of laptops under $500.
Electronic devices have become a part of our daily life since it connects us to the virtual world. A laptop is no exception to this; in fact, it is handier and preferred over desktop. The market is full of laptops manufactured by many big companies.
It gives us a wide variety of choices to purchase the right model that suits your requirements. If you are unable to narrow down your choice, just consider the following points, they will help you to make the right choice to buy a laptop under $500 only. Why spend 1000 dollars if the best laptops are available at $ 500.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from bootup issues
- FAST BOOT UP WITH SSD: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedy experience with the internal solid-state drive
- POWER THROUGH YOUR DAY: Built to keep you productive and entertained through long hours at work, school or home
- Your career essential: With Wi-Fi 6 (2x) and Bluetooth(R) 5 connections, HP True Vision HD webcam and an integrated numeric keypad, this 15-inch laptop has all the essential features you need for a...
- Design and style with performance to match: Stay connected and productive with long-lasting battery life and a thin and portable, micro-edge bezel design
- BIOS recovery and protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot up issues
- Intel Celeron N4000 Processor (4M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 1 year Microsoft 365 Personal subscription included
- Windows 10 Home in S mode (upgradeable to Windows 10 Home)
- reduced heat production and power draw on the battery
- 4GB RAM | 32GB eMMC
- Equipped With The Powerful and Latest Intel Celeron Processor N Series, Intel Dual-Core N4000, (1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB Intel Smart Cache
- 11.6 " diagonal HD(1366 x 768) SVA Anti-glare Widescreen LED-backlit Display I Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600
- ALWAYS ON THE GO - Take this light and durable HP Chromebook with you anywhere. It travels well and has a 15 hour and 45 minute battery life, so you can stay connected without having to search for an...
- MADE FOR WHAT YOU DO - Switch between gaming, connecting with friends, and getting your schoolwork done. The powerful MediaTek mobile processor, full-size keyboard, and 11-inch display can handle it...
- THE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE - Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into one laptop. It’s fast, simple, and secure
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
Various laptops have been designed uniquely to provide the customers with the models that suit their demands. There are differences in their software, hardware, and price. A laptop that is very useful to someone might be entirely unsuitable for you. The feature required by a professional might be completely different than that of a student. Let us evaluate the requirements so that you can purchase the laptop without paying a considerable amount of cash.
Buying Guide for Buying the Best Laptop under $500
While purchasing a laptop under $ 500, you need to keep in mind that they do not support high-end features required for video editing, gaming, watching movies higher than 1080 pixel resolution. A laptop under $500 is ideal for budget users. It can fulfill daily laptop requirements of laptop tasks and has good battery life.
Since the education field has become technology-savvy students also require a laptop for their assignments and research work. A laptop under $500 would be ideal for students. If you calculate the features, you might have to narrow down your choices since laptop under$500 might have a fewer number of features compared to high-end laptops, but still, they provide a good performance of essential elements.
Chrome OS or Windows 10
The most widely used operating system of laptops is Windows 10, Chrome OS, and Mac OS. Although Mac OS offers lots of premium features even its cheapest device, MacBook Air 2020, is expensive.
Let’s see the features offered by Windows 10 or Chrome OS machine.
The fastest browser chrome is the main highlight of Chrome OS.
It is easier to handle and is a lightweight operating system. Chrome OS is continuously improving and runs on the most basic hardware. Most of the web-based apps and even android apps run smoothly on chrome.
Windows 10, on the other hand, operates smoothly and requires an extensive array of hardware which are more powerful and supports more software. It provides an edge to Windows10 over ChromeOS. Windows 10 can run apps that are not compatible with Chrome OS. It is simpler to use. All appreciate the rich graphic feature of Windows 10. Windows 10 is always coming up with new impressive features. It means you get to operate the best software offered by Microsoft, and all you require is to update your software and not change the laptop.
Clamshell verses convertibles
Let us track the difference between traditional clamshell and the dynamic 2 in 1 convertible. These are the two variants of laptops that are also available under $500 in the market. The clamshell is used in traditional laptop mode. The screen forms the upper part, and the lower part is used as a keyboard. The screen can be opened only to 180 degrees. It is mostly non- touch screen and provides laptop experience with a keyboard.
Convertibles are also known as 2 in 1 and can be used as a laptop, tablet. This premium feature is possible with convertibles only as the upper portion of convertibles can be easily turned, twisted, or can be detached. It is highly flexible to use. Devices like Surface belong to this category.
The shelf price of the clamshell is comparatively less than that of convertibles. Convertibles are a little pricey because they are more versatile and have several impressive features that are not available in clamshell.
Plenty of laptops are available under $ 500 that have high screen resolution since you will be spending many hours in front of the screen, and it must not cause strain to your eyes. Do not make a mistake of purchasing a laptop that has less than 1080 pixel resolution. When you have the privilege, then take advantage of having a comfortable and painless screen view. 1366 x 768-pixel resolution does not provide a sharp and clear display that is required while watching video or Netflix, playing games, or working on word documents for hours. So it is always better to opt for a laptop that offers a better screen option.
When buying a laptop, make a list of the specific features that you require. Go through models of various companies and compare their prices and features. Your purchasing power depends on the budget, and a little research work is done before buying might be a bit tedious, but it will help you save your money.