We all prefer to use wet wipes, especially after using the public bathroom. Most of these wipes are designed to throw away as they are not flushable. But even flushable wipes cause lots of plumbing problems that lead to damaged pipes.
However, some of the wipes are not biodegradable. When you will flush them, they will linger in the oceans or landfills. That’s the reason, we continuously search for a solution that doesn’t cause any backed-up sewer lines or other problems.
Among hundreds of other products available in the market, Fohm is getting huge popularity due to its squeaky-clean nature. Unlike traditional wipes you use, Fohm dispenses a strong cleanser on the toilet paper and then turns it into a safely flushable wipe that doesn’t cause any allergy to even sensitive skin types.
If you are interested to use the product for personal cleaning, then this is the time to learn everything about Fohm in this detailed review that might clear all the confusion in your mind.
What is Fohm?
Fohm is a touchless foam dispensing bathroom kit that is easier to use than a bidet, costs FAR less, installs in mere seconds, and yet it gives you the same hygienic, pleasant cleansing experience that bidets and wet wipes provide.
Simply place your dry toilet paper underneath the sleek dispenser to automatically drop a dollop of cleansing foam onto it, transforming your TP into a hygienic, fully cleansing (and 100% flushable) wet wipe.
The gentle foam is made from plant-derived ingredients and is free of parabens, sulfates, alcohol, and fragrance, making it completely safe (and sanitary!) to use.
With soothing ingredients like aloe and witch hazel, you’ll feel cleaner than you did pre-poop — while keeping your pH levels in check.
Fohm is one of the leading cleansers available in the market today. It is a touchless dispenser that gives you a soft dollop of foam when you put the tissue papers beneath the unit. It makes wet wipes that help clean your rear area perfectly without causing any damage or inflammation to your skin.
People who have to use a public bathroom and are quite conscious about their cleanliness can simply take the advantage of this newly emerging product.
Besides, if you use the washroom 10+ times a day due to your internal medical issue, then using traditional wet wipes could further create a problem and cause skin irritation. However, with Fohm, you don’t have to worry about this issue.
The product offers a gentle way to clean your rear area as well as doesn’t cause any plumbing problems because yes, these are the real flushable wipes that do not cause any damage to the pipes or sewer system.
How do you use the Fohm Bathroom Kit?
You wouldn’t clean yourself by wiping yourself with a dry towel, would you? Of course not — you’d take a shower! Now you understand the basic foundation of how Fohm works to clean your bottom.
Using Fohm is incredibly easy:
- Attach the Fohm dispenser to your bathroom wall near your toilet paper holder.
- Hold your toilet paper beneath Fohm to automatically drop a small dollop of Fohm onto your toilet paper.
- Wipe as usual, then flush — it’s that easy!
Even better, Fohm costs significantly less than wet wipes — which are unsightly anyway.
Features of Fohm:
There are lots of notable features that make it an excellent product to buy today. Have a look below, and I am sure that you won’t use those irritating traditional wipes again.
- Gentle on Skin: Since the unit dispenses foam on the paper and makes it wet, it is very gentle and soft on the skin. It doesn’t cause any irritation or redness.
- Touchless Dispenser: Its touchless dispenser makes it a hygienic choice especially if you have a large family using one bathroom. It operates with a rechargeable battery that can easily last for 4-5 months in one charge.
- 3M Strips for Wall Mounting: The product comes with 3M strips that enable the unit to mount on walls. It works well on laminate, tile, or painted walls.
- Free from harmful chemicals: This is another feature that makes the product ideal for use. It is free from all harmful chemicals, sulfates, or parabens.
- Fits into Every Bathroom Style: It can be used in every bathroom style, whether modern or traditional.
- Easy to Assemble: Fohm is very easy to assemble and install on your wall. It only takes minutes to do it and the product is ready to serve.
- Don’t get dangerous infections: Since you aren’t excessively dry wiping, and you’re actually removing — not moving — fecal matter, you can reduce your risk of hemorrhoids.
Pros and Cons of Fohm:
Let’s find out some pros and cons of Fohm that further makes it an efficient product to use.
|100% safe and effective||A bit expensive for common people|
|No sore skin or irritation|
|Gentle on skin|
|Hygienic and germ-free|
|No harmful chemicals|
|Flexible and reliable|
|Battery lasts for months|
|Cause no harm to pipes|
How does Fohm compare to “flushable“ wipes?
Well, the biggest difference is that Fohm really is safe to flush – whereas wipes are not. Despite what the clever packaging might say, “flushable” wipes are a leading cause of plumbing damage, and once your pipes are busted, you could face a huge repair bill.
There are also a few other advantages over wipes, including:
- Cost savings. “Flushable” wipes get very expensive over time. The average “flushable” wipe is around $0.07 per use, but Fohm is only $0.04 per use.
- Safe, Plant-Derived Ingredients. Fohm’s ingredients do not contain dangerous chemicals that can be found in “flushable” wipes.
- Touchless. Unlike wipes that you have to touch, this is 100% motion-sensor activated, making for better hygiene.
- Stylish. “Flushable” wipes are typically something you want to hide under the sink, but Fohm is stylish and unique, complementing the look of your bathroom.
- Eco-Friendly. You can feel good knowing you’re not adding to the massive problem that “flushable” wipes are causing our cities’ sewer systems and the planet.
Overall, we have been extremely impressed and satisfied with Fohm. Although it couldn’t turn back time, we were able to schedule a new trip to Mexico next year, and we’re confident that there won’t be any nasty “septic surprises” to stop us this time!
Price of Fohm:
Well, Fohm is a bit expensive product, but believe me, its usage is worth the price. You can buy it for $69, and it lasts for months. However, you can also enjoy a 10% discount on buying 2 or more Fohm products by using their specific code.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fohm septic safe?
Yes it is 100% septic safe. It’s readily biodegradable, not antibacterial, phosphate free, and 98% plant derived.
Is the foam like soap? Does it need to be rinsed off?
Our cleanser is a no rinse formula, just like a baby wipe or flushable wipe – so it doesn’t need to be rinsed off. However we do recommend wiping it off with a piece of dry TP, so you don’t leave the bathroom with a damp tush.
Is Fohm attachable to any wall surface?
Yes. However, it works well for smooth surfaces such as tile, laminate, and painted walls. It is not recommended to use on wallpapers.
Can I get the refill too when the dispenser is out of soap?
Yes, of course. The bathroom kit features pop-in and pop-out cartridges so you can easily refill them. You can buy the refill packs from the official website in the bundle form.
Should You Buy Fohm?
After reading the whole review, you must be thinking should I buy it or not? Well, if you want perfect cleanliness of your rear body, and are tired of using wipes that are nothing but an issue to your plumbing, then yes! You should definitely buy Fohm as it is the safest and cleanest product available in the market that offers complete cleaning without having to spend tons of money.
Last Updated on December 30, 2022 by Scott Staffin