Camping in the great outdoors can be a lot of fun, but you need to be prepared. It can be even more fun with multiple families or people. But if you’re all going to be sleeping in the same tent, you’ll need to ensure that you have a tent that’s large enough for everyone and comfortable. The good news is that there are plenty of choices on the market today for large multi-person tents, but what is the best 12 person tent?
Top 10 Best 12 Person Tents
- 【Roomy for 11 People or 12-Person Family】 CAMPROS tent is the perfect family tent you’ve ever seen. With the dimension of 20 x 9 x 6(H) ft. 3 queen air mattresses or 12 sleeping bags are well...
- 【Durable & High-Quality Material】 Made with 185T polyester. With the 1000mm polyurethane hydrostatic rated coating high-tech, the tent guarantees PU1000mm water-resistant. The tent stays...
- Easy Set-Up】 No particular skills needed, 3 people could set up the tent easily in 10 min. The camping tent comes with a smooth zipper and well-made poles. The carry bag is 25.2 x 11 x 11 inches big...
- INSTANT SETUP: Setups in 2 minutes or less! The poles are pre-attached to the tent- just unpack, unfold, lift legs into position and extend legs until they click into place.
- COMFORTABLE: The water repellent rainfly is removable in warmer weather to expose the mesh ceiling for panoramic views for star gazing on clear summer nights. Also, the advanced venting system uses...
- TWO ENTRYWAY AND THREE ROOM OPTIONS: Enter from the side D-Door or from the side T-Door which features two attachable room dividers which gives you freedom to create multiple separate living and...
- Sets up in under 2 minutes,No assembly required; poles pre-attached to tent
- Sleeps 12,Fits 3 queen airbeds,3-room tent,Includes rainfly,Fully taped factory sealed seams provide dry-zone camping with leak protection
- 7 fully closeable windows,Factory welded 6" tub floor,Free-standing frame design
- INTUITIVE SETUP: Color-coded poles and pole sleeves provide easy, intuitive setup
- CONVERTIBLE SCREEN ROOM: Features floor-to-ceiling windows and room divider
- WEATHER PROTECTION: WeatherTec system's tub-like floor, patented welded corners, and inverted seams help keep water out; strong frame withstands up to 35 mph winds
- BUILT-IN LED LIGHTING: A cutting-edge wall mount controls the three brightness settings - High, Low & Night Light. Press on the switch from the inside or outside of the tent. With a specially designed...
- INSTANT 60-SECOND SETUP and COMFORTABLE: The poles are pre-attached to the tent- just unpack, unfold, lift legs into position and extend legs until they click into place. Remove the water repellent...
- SPACIOUS: 18 ft x 10 ft floor plan with 80" center height that will give you enough room to stand up and store all your gear.
- Oversize & Spacious: Inner dimension 15.1*10 FT， height 7.1 FT, accommodate for 4 mattresses or 12 person sleeping inside, 2 extended windows increase more space and provide a better air...
- Rainproof & Durable：New High-Tech fabric is used for the rainfly and tent, it is a Bionic Lotus Leaf water proof technology that can provide a perfect rainproof and sunshade effect for the inside,...
- Excellent Ventilation Design: All the doors and windows are double-layer designed, with a waterproof fabric layer zipperd with another mesh layer, fabric layer keep rain and UV away, and mesh layer...
- Traditional all steel cabin design with single gable entrance Two strings of LED lights hang conveniently inside tent (batteries not included)
- Includes two 2’ deep closets with large mesh hanging organizer and gear hanger with four carabiners
- Two hanging corner organizers, two integrated mesh pockets, and a tablet pocket offer plenty of storage options Two removable room dividers create separate living spaces for larger groups
- Large space:Inside dimension14.1ft length*10ft width*6.58ft height, fit 4 full air mattresses(6.7ft*5ft/200cm*150cm),can accommodate 10~12 person,3 doors with mesh,3 Windows with mesh,divided into two...
- Materials: double-layer waterproof polyester, High density mesh, The tent floor material is super thick with PE coated polyester.
- Function: Waterproof, windproof, mosquito-proof.
- INSTANT TWO-MINUTE SETUP TECHNOLOGY: Poles come pre-attached to the tent for quick assembly - unfold and extend leg poles until they click into position.
- HEAT SHIELD TECHNOLOGY: Features a special reflective coating on the underside of the rainfly which blocks the sun's UV rays keeping the tent darker and noticeably cooler.
- 2 A/C PORTS/GROUND VENTS: This 18ft x 11ft floor plan and 80in center height tent includes A/C vent (A/C not included)
- STAY DRY AND COMFORTABLE: Waterproof canvas is breathable for the best all-season protection and airflow; Finally, a dry, comfortable family camping experience; Footprint sold separately
- 2-IN-1 TENT OR CANOPY: The Sierra Canvas Tent has a removable floor so you can enjoy either a full tent or a stylish canopy; Simply stake out your tent and put the center pole and door assembly up
- HOME AWAY FROM HOME: Roomy tent with built-in ventilation; Large weather skirt keeps your tent dry; Run power into your tent with easy access ports
Last update on 2021-10-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who Needs A 12 Person Tent?
Anyone looking for extra space on their next camping trip could use a 12 person tent. The most common use for big tents is for larger groups and families. They provide lots of space for extra comfort:
Family camping: With multiple kids and outdoor gear, you’ll want plenty of extra room. Not to mention, if you plan on cooking and storing food for a lot of people. This is perfect for taking along additional coolers, and clothing bags for the whole family. You could even fit multiple families inside one tent!
Additional rooms: Many tents also come with room dividers for added privacy. Some even come equipped with space for fitting queen size blow up mattresses. It’s always nice to be able to give the kids and adults their own space. That keeps everyone happy, especially at nighttime.
Tall people: Anyone over the height of 6 feet will benefit from using a 12 person cabin tent. Many of these tents feature a roof level of 7 feet. Therefore, giving the ability for most people to stand straight up without having to kneel down. Cabin style also means that the walls follow the form of a traditional log cabin. They go up and down, without as much rounding like other smaller tents.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
It is important to understand that a 12-person tent is not always suitable for 12 persons as it might not fit everyone comfortably. It is preferably for 10 persons or less and there are various such factors you have to consider before you can shortlist the tent to buy for camping.
- Size – If you have a group of 12 persons exactly, the 12-person tent may not be suitable for you. It could be uncomfortable and that is when you have to check the size or the dimensions of the tent to make sure that there is enough space. By calculating the area needed by one person to the area provided by the tent, you can make sure that every person will fit in perfectly.
- Weatherproof – You would expect a camping tent to be weatherproof as you are going to lay it out in the open to protect yourself from outside weather. But tents are classified based on seasons like some are suitable for summers and springs while some are great for winters and even snowfall and rainy seasons. If you camp throughout the four seasons, you can buy 4-season tents which are thicker and highly durable.
- Compartment – There is a false notion that a 12-person tent is not 12 people. In fact, it is meant for less than 12 persons and the reason is that there are different rooms or compartments that takes up some space making it unfit for 12 persons to sit and sleep. The availability of room is highly important as one room as be used for changing clothes, one can be used for storing food and eating while others are for sleeping and relaxing.
- Miscellaneous – You have to consider the height of the tent because too low a tent can be irritating to get into and get out effortlessly. Similarly, the availability of multiple doors is welcoming as different rooms can be used for different purposes seamlessly. Similarly, you have to check how many poles are available for stability against strong wind. The weight of the tent is a major concern and it must be lightweight so that it is portable easily. It must also be easy to set up.
Apart from these, you can consider the brand reputation as a branded tent is likely to be more trustable as far as its durability goes. All the above-mentioned top 10 best 12-person tents are of the best brand and made up of high-quality material that will last a lifetime.
There are various color variants and designs available in the above-listed top 10 12-person tents in 2021. Apart from choosing the color and the design, you have to keep the above-mentioned parameters in mind so that you can buy the best tent for fulfilling all your purposes completely.