SafetyCam Reviews – Does Personal Safety Body Camera Work?
SafetyCam is a clip-on body camera capable of recording audio and HD footage.
The camera is available exclusively online through SafetyCam.store, where it’s priced around $70 per unit. The camera features automatic motion detection, 1080p recording, infrared night footage, and other features.
Is SafetyCam the right choice for you? How does SafetyCam work? Find out everything you need to know about SafetyCam and how it works today in our review.
What is SafetyCam?
SafetyCam is a high-definition personal safety body camera priced at $70.
The camera features a one-touch capture system. Just press the button to start recording. You can use SafetyCam to take photos, voice recordings, and videos.
You can only buy SafetyCam through one website: SafetyCam.store, where it’s priced at $70 plus shipping. However, discounts are available when ordering multiple cameras at once.
Like other body cameras, SafetyCam is designed to be worn on your person – similar to how police wear body cameras. In fact, the SafetyCam website features a testimonial from a police officer who claims to use SafetyCam every day on-duty.
Let’s take a closer look at how SafetyCam works – and whether or not it’s the right choice for you.
How Does SafetyCam Work?
SafetyCam is a high definition camera personal safety body camera that can be clipped onto anything to record your surroundings.
The camera is about the size of a large pen. You can clip the camera onto your front pocket or a backpack. You can also hang it on a lanyard around your neck, attach it to the front of your bike or vehicle, or use it anywhere else.
SafetyCam automatically starts to record video when it detects motion in front of the lens. Or, you can press the button on the device to start recording video. SafetyCam can record video and audio – or it can only record audio.
According to the official website, SafetyCam clearly records footage at day or night. The camera uses an infrared lens to “ensure clear recording in the dark for safety at night.” Infrared cameras, also known as night vision cameras, use infrared light to illuminate images in the dark, with a filter sitting between the camera’s lens and the sensor.
SafetyCam has a relatively short battery life compared to other body cameras: the camera will last for about 3 hours of video recording or 7 hours of voice recording.
- 6x zoom wide-angle lens
- Automatic motion detection recording
- 1080p HD video recording
- Infrared LED night vision
- Weatherproof, lightweight, and durable
- Clip and magnet mount for easy use
SafetyCam Technical Specifications
The SafetyCam website discloses some technical specifications for the device, although there’s little information about things like weatherproofing. We don’t know how weatherproof the camera is, for example: does it withstand an average rainstorm with IP68 certification? Or should you hide the camera in a rainstorm?
The goal of SafetyCam is to offer a portable, discrete, easy-to-use clip-on body camera that allows you to record voice, video, and photos.
The makers of SafetyCam market the unit as a personal safety device. The camera provides personal safety by helping you record your surroundings. If someone claims you did something when you actually did not do something, then you can use SafetyCam to prove otherwise.
To be clear, SafetyCam does not have any safety features – like an alarm or self-defense mechanisms. Instead, the unit claims to provide safety by deterring attackers. Someone may be less likely to attack you if they see the personal body camera.
Key technical specifications of SafetyCam include:
- 1080p HD: SafetyCam records footage in 1080p HD, allowing you to capture videos and photos with a resolution of 1920×1080.
- Weatherproof: SafetyCam claims to be waterproof, although it’s unclear if that means it has IP67 or IP68 protection – or neither.
- Shockproof: SafetyCam claims to be shockproof, making it ideal for riding a bike or outdoor activities.
- Automatic Motion Detection: SafetyCam automatically starts to record video when anything moves into view of the device.
- Weight: SafetyCam weighs 200 grams.
- IR Night Vision: SafetyCam features a 6x zoom infrared lens for clear recording in the dark and for safety at night.
- Battery: SafetyCam has a 560mAh battery that will last for 3 hours of video recording or 7 hours of voice record.
Uses for SafetyCam
Most people don’t wear a body camera for daily interactions. So what’s the point of SafetyCam? Why would you clip the camera onto yourself and record daily interactions?
Here are some of the situations mentioned on the SafetyCam website:
- Deter Attackers: The SafetyCam website features women’s photos using the device at night to deter attackers – say when walking home alone in a dangerous neighborhood.
- Validate Self-Defense Claims: If someone attacks you, then you need to defend yourself. The SafetyCam website features a photo of someone breaking into a home. With a body camera like SafetyCam, you can prove you were justified in attacking this person.
- Record Encounters with Law Enforcement: The makers of SafetyCam also seem to recommend using the device to record encounters with law enforcement. The SafetyCam website features a photo of a man pulled over by police and preparing for a Breathalyzer. Depending on the situation, SafetyCam could exonerate you of claims made by the police.
- For Police and Military: One NYPD officer quoted on the official SafetyCam website claims he uses the camera every day to record civilians’ interactions. Body camera footage is becoming increasingly important (or even legally required) in police work across the country.
- Record Everyday Life: You don’t need to have a specific reason to use SafetyCam. Some people use the camera to record everyday life. You might use the camera to record a hike, a walk around town, or some other type of adventure, for example.
- Other Uses: Other uses mentioned on the SafetyCam website include for roadside safety, first responders, security personnel, outdoor activities, and workplace surveillance.
Overall, SafetyCam is marketed as a way to stay safe and protect your rights.
Exclusive Offer for our Readers
The makers of safety cam realize how important it is for people to have the added protection SafetyCam provides during these hectic times. So For a limited time, they are offering our readers two huge specials.
Not only can you get your hands on your new SafetyCam personal bodycam at an amazing discount today, but you’ll also get 50% off a second SafetyCam for a loved one plus FREE shipping.
SafetyCam is a personal body camera sold online through SafetyCam.store. At $70 per camera, SafetyCam is relatively expensive compared to budget cameras and lacks other cameras’ features at this price range.
There’s also an overall lack of transparency about where the camera is made, what type of weatherproofing the camera has, and other information we like to see before buying a camera.
Overall, you should be able to find better, more effective personal body cameras online than SafetyCam.