Suffering from allergies and still love to sleep in a down comforter? When natural comforters are not your cup of tea, you should consider an alternative comforter. Nowadays, there is a whole variety of hypoallergenic, alternatives down comforters to explore and choose from, if you happen to be allergic. Not just that, they are equally warm, durable, and cozy as any other regular down comforter.
What more is that these alternative down comforters seem to be better when compared with the natural down comforters. On the plus side, they are less expensive and let you clean them easily. We have made a comprehensive list for you. Keep reading if you want to choose your sleep’s best partner – the right alternative down comforter.
Top 10 List of Down Alternative Comforters for 2021
- Ultra-soft, all-season microfiber comforter with 8 built-in corner and side loops to secure your favorite duvet cover
- Microfiber down alternative fill has a 300 gsm fill weight; Provides the cozy comfort of down without the feathers, odor, and sharp quills
- Reversible color design is like two comforters in one to easily match your decor and mood
- 🌙LUXURY SOFT and FLUFFY： MAEVIS comforter is devoted to comfortable sleeping experience.You will get luxury gentle Double brushed fabric cover; More Breathable Skin-friendly and Noise-Free，NO...
- 🌙LIGHTWEIGHT & DESIGN for EVEN FILLING： Premium and well distributed filling makes the comforter lightweight and fluffy.The Lightweight comforter queen full is light enough for summer night when...
- 🌙EASY CARE and 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: This machine washable twin comforter will save your a lot of time and energy.You can put it in washer in cold water with gentle cycle and dryer in low...
- Luxury goose down-alternative comforter provides medium warmth for year-round comfort
- Queen size 90x90 inches, Filling with 750+ Fill power, 70 oz 100% Goose Down-Alternative-Fill
- 300TC Cotton Shell. Hypo-allergenic, Overfilled, Allergy Free. Mashine Wash
- WRAP YOURSELF IN LUXURY: Lavish Comforts Hotel Luxury Extra Plush Down Alternative Comforter Duvet Insert with Tabs
- SUPERIOR SOFTNESS: Made with Premium Doubled Brushed 1800 Series Microfiber. Softer than Egyptian Cotton.
- MACHINE WASHABLE AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Made from Silky Soft, Allergy Free 100% PolyFiber Fill
- HIGH-QUALITY - Ensures durability through strong stitching and is manufactured using high-quality filling
- BOX STYLE STITCHING - Crisp looking comforter featuring Piped Edges with an elegant Box Style Stitching Pattern that not only looks beautiful, but prevents the fill from shifting during the night,...
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE - Made using soft material with siliconized fiber filling that provides a comfy and cozy feel throughout the night
- COMFORTER DUVET INSERT - King comforter duvet insert measures 90 inches x 102 inches
- BOX STYLE STITCHING - Crisp looking comforter with 350gsm filling features piped edges with an elegant style box stitching that prevent the fill from shifting
- SILICONIZED FIBERFILL - Extremely soft material with siliconized fiberfill alternative filling provides a comfy and cozy feel
- Ultra Soft & Fluffy：The All Season bed comforter with medium-fill weight (300gsm), lightweight, soft, comfortable and breathable, which can be used all the year round.The filling of comforter is...
- Box Style Stitching: The Comfortable bed comforter crafted with box stitching pattern that not only prevents the fill from shifting during the night to ensure a comfortable sleep,but the elegant...
- Premium Materia & Excellent Thermal Ability: The lightweight bed comforter is adopt high quality fabric and premium polyfill, which is skinfriendly and 100% hypoallergenic, this provides a safe and a...
- SOFT & LIGHTWEIGHT LUXURIOUS COMFORTER - Our down alternative comforter is filled with synthetic goose feathers to produce the best lightweight luxurious comforter you'll ever find! You can also use...
- EXPERT CRAFTMANSHIP & DESIGN - Sleep in extreme comfort with the Beckham Hotel Collection 1600 Series luxurious lightweight down alternative comforter. This hypoallergenic oversized comforter is a...
- EASY CARE & HEALTHY LIVING - The hypo-allergenic comforter provides a barrier to protect against dust mites, mold, and mildew. Machine wash in a gentle cycle and with cold water. Simply sun dry or low...
- 1.Soft&Fluffy--The fabric of EASELAND comforter is SOFT and BREATHABLE, suitable for year round use. This comforter is fluffy and lightweight, not too heavy to pressure you. Simple but elegant design,...
- 2.Premium Filling&Thermal Ability--Adopts PREMIUM polyfill, FLUFFY and well-distributed, without any concern for clumping or horrible odor. Ggreat choice for those who can't use goose down and feather...
- 3.Design&Craft--Crafted with box stitching technology, secure the filling in place, with zero concern of filling leakage or loose thread. EXQUISITE hemming, durable and long lasting. This comforter is...
- SOFTEST & MOST LUXURIOUS COMFORT - The Sleep Restoration All Season Down Alternative Comforter is the perfect all-season solution! Our ultra-plush comforter offers year-round comfort, adding...
- EXPERT CRAFTSMANSHIP & DESIGN - Sleep in extreme comfort with the Sleep Restoration luxurious down alternative comforter. This hypoallergenic over-sized comforter is a masterpiece crafted with durable...
- EASY CARE & HEALTHY LIVING - The hypo-allergenic comforter provides a barrier to protect against allergens. Machine wash in a gentle cycle with cold water. Simply sun dry or low tumble dry the...
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Features Of Down Alternative Comforters
What inside? Choosing the right fil.
If it is not feathers or fur, what gives these comforters the coziest of feelings making them the reason for your good sleep? Alternative down comforters use synthetic fibers and have achieved similar or let me say even better results that even people who do not suffer from any allergies are choosing these down alternatives. Given below are a few terms that you should pay attention to while buying the right one.
- Fibers made from SYNTHETIC POLYESTER: Under this category, you get to see a wide range of different man-made fibers that are filled in these alternative downs. This list also has hypoallergenic variants, keeping in mind sensitive and allergy-prone people.
- GEL FIBER: As the name suggests, this is polyester gel fiber material that comes very close to the feel and coziness of natural down comforters, almost identical. Gel fiber is also named so because they are cushy, scrunchy, and most importantly, lightweight.
- NATURAL FILL: If you are an organic user that likes to have natural fibers help you to sleep, you would want to stay away from synthetic fibers. To solve the problem, there are a lot of natural fillers such as silk, buckwheat hull, and even silk.
The choice of the right fabric is important!
When it comes to choosing the right fabric, one should always choose the one that feels the best on your skin and doesn’t cause friction against it. You can choose from a lot of fabric alternatives that you can easily choose the fabric that suits you the best!
- BATISTE: If you’re looking for something lightweight, choose this cotton-blend fabric, that is opaque cotton. Gentle and light, this plain weave is mostly used in making lingerie and even baby clothes.
- SATEEN: For those who want to add a little bit of luster to the bed, sateen works just fine, as it carries a subtle luster without losing its softness. Although you might not like the satin-shine, the smoothness is overwhelming.
- DAMASK: What we know of it, damask has patterns that are reversible and are simply created by contrasting checkers, stripes, and other textures. Damask is quite glossy and soft.
- CAMBRIC: Cambric is so lightweight and delicate that it feels very fine. This fine white fabric is used in needlework and even used to make laces and handkerchief because it is light and delicate. This delicate fabric is particularly fine.
The Right size matters!
One of the major specifications that you should look in your comforter is ts size. Usually, people select their comforters based on the size of your bed. For people who love being cozy and bundled up in their comforters, a size up is always the best idea.
TWIN (70” X92” X1”): For smaller beds, kids, and guest rooms, the twin size light comforters will be a good option to consider.
FULL/QUEEN (92” X96” X1”): This size suitably fits a double and provides the right coziness.
KING/CALIFORNIA KING (110” X96” X1”): If you have the bed of your dreams and want to be covered, this king size comforter is for you to keep. Though it is the heaviest, on a California King bed, this comforter is quite enjoyable.
Benefits of Down Alternative Comforters
Sleep warm, sleep cozy!
Comforters are named so because they provide you a comfortable sleep. If your comforter does not provide you with warmth enough to keep you dreaming of going back to bed, you don’t have the right comforter. While the level of warmth may depend on the season and temperature of your room, your body heat and personal preferences should also be noted while choosing the one for you – we mean the right alternative down comforter!
- WARM: You should choose a warm and cozy comforter if you like to sleep in a warm environment, as a warm comforter will keep you warm throughout your sleep without the concern of being stuffy or overheated.
- EXTRA WARM: If you live in cold climatic conditions and want a partner that would ease your otherwise cold nights? Choose an extra-warm comforter that will not overheat but keep you extra warm on colder nights. Remember, these warm comforters will never leave your side, be it the harshest of summer or ruthless winter.
- TOASTY: If you feel cold while sleeping and don’t know what is the best idea for you, you should try the toasty range of comforters. Specially made for people for whom extra-warm is the new cozy, these comforters will be the best choice.
- EXTRA TOASTY: If you are tired of piling on blankets to cover yourself and get some warmth? Try these extra-warm, toasty comforters that let you enjoy the toasty warm without the mess of the tangled sheets.
Count the thread- Higher thread counts, better comfort.
Thread count refers to the number of threads that are sewn into the comforter, every square inch. The higher the thread count, the softer and smoother fabric, which means more coziness and warmth.
- 100-200: Although earlier this number of thread count was very much the standard, the latest designs in alternative comforters have thread counts much more than this.
- 200-400: If you’re working with cotton, this thread count is perfect.
- 400-600: This thread count is featured in luxury comforters.
Hope by the end of the article, you have come to the right choice of the down comforter for you and your family.
Definitely the size of the comforter, because there is no use buying the one that doesn’t cover you well.
The best option would be to choose something organic.