Until recently, the only options for adults seeking straighter teeth were braces or Invisalign — but luckily, this is no longer the case. Today, at-home teeth straightening services like byte offer a safe, convenient, and affordable alternative to traditional orthodontic treatment.
byte has made it their priority to deliver a high-quality product and customer experience. Plus, they’ve pioneered new technologies to offer faster results than the competition. But is byte the right fit for your smile goals? Read on to find out!
What is Byte?
byte is an online company that ships custom clear teeth aligners directly to your home. byte’s aligners look and feel similar to Invisalign — they’re made of smooth, clear plastic, and are designed to perfectly fit the contours of your teeth. However, unlike Invisalign, byte treatment doesn’t require a single trip to the dentist.
Instead, your treatment plan will be prepared and monitored remotely by byte’s licensed dentists and orthodontists. From there, it’s up to you to wear your aligners as prescribed for 22 hours per day (or 10 hours per day for At-Night treatment).
byte aims to stand out by offering the fastest treatment time, the latest dental technology, and the best customer experience.
Although several other companies offer home-based clear aligner treatment, what sets byte apart is their commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience. In the short time they’ve been in business, byte has already rolled out a number of creative solutions geared toward making treatment more comfortable and accessible for their users.
Two factors that set byte apart from other clear aligner companies are 1) their use of high-frequency vibration technology, and 2) their lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
HyperByte is a unique vibration device that makes treatment significantly faster and more comfortable. This device allows byte to boast an average treatment time of just 3 months (compared to competitors like SmileDirectClub’s 6-9 month average). All you need to do is bite down on the HyperByte device for 5 minutes a day (or 10 for At-Night treatment) and the gentle high-frequency vibrations will stimulate the bone structures in your mouth to help your teeth shift.
And once you’re done with byte treatment, their byte-for-life guarantee will insure your smile forever. If your teeth ever shift after treatment, even years down the road, byte will correct it free of charge.
What is HyperByte?
The HyperByte system is Byte’s ace in the hole. It is a C-shaped mouthpiece you wear over your aligners for five (5) minutes a day. It emits high frequency vibrations, sending pulses through your gums and to the roots of your teeth. There is evidence that using gentle vibration reduces discomfort, lessens treatment times and speeds up the rate of tooth movement. This device allows byte to boast an average treatment time of just 3 months (compared to competitors like Smile Direct Club’s 9 to 6 months average).
All you need to do is bite down on the HyperByte device for 5 minutes a day and the gentle high frequency vibrations will stimulate the bone structures in your mouth to help your teeth shift. While that sounds as good as it can get, most people are reluctant to use a device that vibrates for a whole 5 minutes for the first time. After the first time, they quickly find out that it is less powerful than an electric toothbrush, so it is completely painless. The hardest part about using it is remembering to do it every day. I recommend adding it to your daily brushing routine so you do not forget.
It is worth noting here that the use of a high frequency vibration mouthpiece is not exclusive to the byte system. However, HyperByte is Byte’s proprietary version of one of these mouthpieces, so you will not be able to find this specific device anywhere else. Once you are done with byte treatment, their byte for life guarantee will insure your smile forever, if your teeth ever shift after treatment, even years down the line, byte will correct it free of charge.
Fast and portable, the HyperByte is charged via a USB cable and can be taken with you wherever you travel to. It only needs to be used for a total of 5 minutes per day in order to get fast and noticeable results. In addition to the HyperByte, the company also has a line of added products to help with your overall oral care.
BrightByte is the company’s foam cleanser that works with your aligners to keep your breath fresh, your mouth clean and your teeth whiter. All you need to do is add one pump into each aligner and spread the foam around so it fills the base. Then pop them in as normal and enjoy the benefits. BrightByte kills 99.9% of all bacteria, reducing your risk for dental decay and bad breath. It also works as a teeth whitening product, but unlike other whiteners it will not cause any tooth sensitivity.
For those who are extra concerned wit4h the color of their teeth, Byte also sells the Gleam Whitening Kit which uses an LED tray to remove surface stains. Apply the gel to your teeth and then insert the device for 10 minutes per day in order to get fast and noticeable results in as little as three days. The final item available for sale is their night time retainers. For those who have undergone treatment in the past, this device is worn while you sleep in order to ensure your teeth stay straight and do not revert back to their prior misaligned state.
Notable Features of Byte Teeth Aligners
- The aligners are quite transparent: The reason most people want to go with invisible aligners instead of metal braces is that they are invisible. The good news is that the aligners are quite transparent and nobody will notice you are wearing them.
- HyperByte: They are using a technology that uses high-intensity frequency vibrations in order to make your treatment shorter. It is supposedly helping with the discomfort during the treatment plan also. Unfortunately, we did not see any difference in the treatment length if we compare it with the companies. The HyperByte is quite fun and easy to use though and it does help with the pain during the process.
- Very Effective. Byte teeth aligners are every bit as effective as many other straightening systems like Invisalign. In fact, it works more rapidly than many others, as their treatment time is only 2 to 4 months on average. However, you should know upfront that Byte is not for severe dental issues. It is only for mild to moderate corrections. Anything more intense than that will likely require traditional braces and a longer treatment plan.
- Free retainers: Byte does not charge for the retainers you will have to wear at night in order to keep your teeth straight. It is recommended to order a new pair of retainers every six months. Byte gives you the first pair completely free of charge. This is a good thing because some companies are charging about $100 for this.
- HSA, FSA, and Health Insurance: If your insurance plan covers orthodontic care, you may be able to get reimbursed for Byte. You can also use your FSA and HSA to pay for your treatment. On its website, Byte makes it easy to check if your insurance will cover these services. Simply click the insurance link at the top of the homepage and enter your information.
- It comes with a premium whitening kit and an aligner case.
- Lifetime Guarantee: The brand offers you a smile forever byte for life guarantee at any time after going through your treatment process. If your teeth move and become out of alignment, they will give you another set of aligners at no additional cost after a first set.
What does Byte do?
Byte is an innovative digital dentistry platform offering remote orthodontic treatment. Scott Cohen and Blake Johnson founded the company in Los Angeles in 2017 and started selling its products at the beginning of 2019. Byte provides high quality custom aligners that straighten your teeth and redesign your smile, boosting your appearance and confidence.
The remote care that teledentistry offers can save you thousands compared to the cost of going to an orthodontist’s office. Byte’s dental team creates your aligners based on impressions that you take at home using a kit they deliver to your door. Byte’s innovative technology provides orthodontic care that produces results much quicker than its competitors.
How does Byte work?
Byte believes that there is more to a beautiful and perfect smile than just your straight teeth. Its Smile Science technology allows Byte to design your aligners with the proportion of your facial features in mind. This means your new smile is perfect for your face shape.
Byte deliver several sets of aligners that you wear as your treatment progresses. You wear each set for a week at a time as your teeth gradually move and change. Byte offers two different plans: one in which you wear the aligners all day and another in which you wear the aligners at night. Using the proprietary technology called HyperByte. Byte accelerates your orthodontic journey.
In addition to your clear aligners and HyperByte device, Byte also includes a tooth whitening product in its treatment plan. You apply BrightBye directly to your aligners, simultaneously straightening and whitening your teeth. The product is safe to use and is a gentle foam that whitens your teeth while keeping your aligners clean.
Once your treatment is complete, Byte provides retainers to keep your teeth from shifting and to maintain your new smile. For the first two weeks, you should wear the retainers all the time (except when eating and drinking).
Getting Started with Byte
Byte requires an impression kit to start with, followed by a professionally assigned orthodontist who reviews your impressions and then finishes up with your custom manufactured aligners that get shipped to your door:
- Step 1: Ordering your Impression Kit: You will have to order the impression kit from the official byte website and follow the provided instructions to create your teeth impressions. Fill out the consent form and upload the required selfies of your teeth and face using the smile stretcher and detailed instructions. You will then send back the impression kit and wait for a response.
- Step 2: Wait for approval to order your aligners: After submitting all of the required information in the previous step, you simply have to wait for their reply as to whether you will be approved for aligners or not. Upon approval, you will be provided with a 3D interactive online image of your teeth before, during, and after the treatment so you can see what your results will be.
- Step 3: Ordering your Teeth Aligners: If the byte team determines that byte is right for you, they will send you a treatment plan. The next step is to accept the plan and order the aligners. You can choose from the All Day or At Night byte plans and then select a payment plan at checkout.
- Step 4: Follow your Aligner Treatment plan: Once your aligners arrive in the mail, your treatment officially begins. Just clean off your first set and pop them right in. Make sure that you wear your aligners for the recommended minimum amount of time each day. If you have the All Day treatment, that means keeping your aligners in pretty much all day and all night. You take them out only for meals or to clean your teeth. If you ordered the At Night treatment, then you should put in your aligners after brushing your teeth after eating your last meal of the day. Wear your aligners all evening and all night while you sleep for a total of at least ten hours. Your treatment will come with a HyperByte device, which you only need to switch on and wear for about five minutes a day.
- Step 5: Order Extra Retainers: After your byte treatment, you will want to make sure you preserve the progress you have made with your new smile by wearing a byte retainer. Byte includes one free set of retainers in your treatment package, but you may want to purchase another set to have as a backup. Retainers are easy to lose, and you do not want to go without one for more than a couple of days. You risk letting your straightened teeth shift back into their old positions.
Pros and Cons of Byte
Before signing up for Byte, make sure you carefully weigh the following pros and cons:
- Treatment time: Byte is the only company to offer HyperByte, its exclusive high frequency vibration device can dramatically reduce your treatment time. This impressive technology is how byte can deliver results in as little as two months.
- Free extras: Byte’s treatment plans include teeth whitening and your first set of retainers in the initial price. Other aligner companies charge extra for retainers and added services.
- It is very affordable and fast
- It is convenient
- Guaranteed for a lifetime
- Treatment is supervised by dental professionals
- It is very effective for straightening teeth.
- Only for mild or moderate alignment issues. Byte is intended for people with mild or moderate alignment issues only. If your teeth alignment issues are more severe, you may not be a candidate and will need more traditional orthodontics services instead.
- Safety concerns: While at home aligners are popular and convenient, some dental professionals have expressed safety concerns about them. The American Association of Orthodontists cautioned consumers, claiming that they could lead to dental health issues like tooth or gum loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my teeth hurt while using Byte?
They will be sore for a few days, yes. That is an unavoidable aspect of straightening your teeth. However, the pain is not severe and it goes away quickly. If you need to, you can take an OTC painkiller to take the edge off the soreness.
Is Byte safe?
As long as you use it correctly, yes. They use fully licensed orthodontists to both review your impression kit and monitor your progress, so you will be in good hands the entire time.
Does Byte offer teeth whitening?
They will not give you an in office treatment, but they do include BrightBye, their proprietary whitening system.
Can I eat and drink while wearing the aligners?
No, you have to take them out if you are eating or drinking anything besides water
Conclusion (Byte review)
Anyone looking to straighten their smile as quickly as possible should consider using Byte. You can do everything from home, which saves time and hassle. Byte most certainly uses one of the most advanced technology. Value-wise, it is hard to beat what you get when you sign up with Byte and all of the included products make the cost virtually unbeatable. When compared with traditional braces, the savings are immense and you benefit in more ways than just financially.
Compared to other brands, it is impossible to go wrong with Byte. Thank you.